CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Can She DO That?

Well, I don't know if you're allowed to mix cous cous and tofu, but I did. And is it ever YUMMY!

I wanted to share it with you in case you love tofu like I do and wanted a made up recipe to try.

Here's what I did:

Marinated 2/3 of a pound of firm tofu, cubed, in

  • 1/3 cup veg. oil
  • enough red wine vinegar to make a total of 1/2 cup with oil
  • one clove fresh garlic, minced
  • 3/4 tsp sea salt
  • generous tsp. dark molasses
  • 1/2 tsp. powdered ginger

for one hour in the fridge.

For the cous cous:

  • 1 grated carrot
  • 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
  • 1-2 green onions, sliced

Boil 1 & 1/2 cups water (or veggie stock) with 1 tbs. butter (optional) and the veggies, and about a half tsp. curry for funsies. As soon as it's boiling, add 1 cup cous cous (I used whole wheat), cover, and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 min. No peeking! :) Oh I think I added some sea salt to the cous cous water too. Cous cous can be so bland!

Once the cous cous was ready, I added my marinated tofu. I just dumped the whole thing in, leftover marinade and all. It's up to you if you want to do that. It solved the problem of the cous cous choking me, like it usually does. I stirred it up and covered it with tin foil for a few minutes to heat the tofu.

Anyway, I found the whole thing delightful. And it worked out well, although I would have loved to have some soy sauce for the marinade, but had none on hand.

0 comments: