CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Let's Cut a Rug!

I first cut out an oval shape and did a 1/2" hem around the outside.
I laid out the fabrics so I could decide how I wanted them to look.
I first pinned the braided cord around the inner circle, and topstitched it in place. Then I attached the rectangle to the velvet by folding under a 1/2" around the edge and placing the gimp over the top. I secured it all with pins and machine stitched in place.
The outer fringe was the final touch. I pinned it in place and machine stitched it with a zigzag stitch. The whole thing went pretty smooth. The velvet is upholstery velvet, so it already has that backing on it which makes it great for a rug. Ozzy loves it! And I think it's perfect for my Red Room! So luxurious. And just about free for me! Scraps are a great thing!

2 comments:

Aaron and Sara said...

Fun sight, Trish! I just discovered that this was you! I love your ideas. I'm also very inspired by them! I LOVED what you did with your kitchen counters.
Might have to copy cat that!

dean r said...

hi trisha,
very nice rug. good job!
keep it up. your house is so cute.
later,
Dean