CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Lunch

I've been going to a four week class Sunday nights at church to learn more about our church. Last night we (the people at my table) were discussing our latest culinary fixations. Of course I talked about popcorn. The guy next to me said he is really into making pork fried rice. His description was so exciting that it inspired me to make my own version today for lunch. I already had some leftover rice in the fridge which I had cooked in tumeric. Tumeric is used a lot in southeast Asian countries (like Indonesia) and it costs way less than saffron (the most expensive spice in the world) with the same yellow effect. I picked up a big bag of it in Singapore.

I also had a bottle of Sambal on hand, another Indonesian staple. It's a chile sauce which adds a nice kick. In the end, my concoction was a tad bland, so I'd probably add more garlic and sambal and salt, next time............if I ever make it again. I tend to not repeat myself too much. Oh also, I made it vegetarian style. I've hardly been eating any meat lately except chicken. Just not into it.

0 comments: